阿加莎·克里斯蒂诗集——下卷·情诗及其他

返回目录上卷    返回目录下卷

Count Fersen to the Queen 菲尔逊伯爵①致王后
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
IN the North the snows are falling,北方故土,白雪飘飘
In the North the birds are calling,北方故土,鸟儿鸣叫
But my heart that lives for loving我的心脏,为爱而跳
Shall not hear its mate reply.同伴的呼唤,它听不到
  
In the North white streams are flowing,北方故土,浪涌如潮
In the North the flowers are blowing,北方故土,百花争俏
But my heart that is a lover's我的爱人之心,却不知晓
Shall not know a second Spring...另一个春天,已经来到……
  
Hers the ring upon my finger,她的戒指,戴在我的指梢
Now I pray may death not linger,我愿倾我所有,以死相报
Say of me 'He was a Lover,'只需一句“他与我交好”
Lived and died to serve a Queen.不计生死,誓为王后效劳

译注:
①菲尔逊伯爵:1755-1810,瑞典贵族,1779年加入法国军队任职;相传风流倜傥,曾成为法国王后玛丽·安托瓦内特(1755-1793,法国国王路易十六之妻,原奥地利公主)的追求者之一,王后曾赠他以戒指作为信物;这段故事可参见2006年出品的美国影片《绝代艳后》

返回页首

Beatrice Passes比阿特丽斯①的到来
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
WHERE she passes, there is Light她所到之处,总有光明
After Night...驱散黑夜的阴影……
A smile that follows on a sigh叹息之后浅笑盈盈
As she goes by....此时她已飘然远行……
With her footsteps comes a sound她的脚步轻轻
All around,走在野地与树林
As of wild and woodland things一个声音渐起,多么空灵
Gently stirring fragile things温柔地打破了短暂的寂静
When Beatrice passes by...伴着比阿特丽斯匆匆而行……
  
With her presence comes a calm她所到之处,总有安宁
Full of balm...为你带来慰籍与平静……
Where she steps the flowers abound她走到哪里,哪里就繁花似锦
On holy ground...多么奇异的盛景……
At her touch the trembling trees,老树颤颤巍巍,摇摆不定
Even these,她将老树,抚在手心
Put forth tender buds that break,嫩芽绽放,面目一新
Blossoming for her sweet sake花儿盛开,向她致敬
Who is Light and Love...她就是那爱与光明……
  
At her coming there is Life她所到之处,总有生灵
After strife!战乱之后盼来和平!
Larks are singing in the sky天空中云雀齐鸣
When she draws nigh!迎接她的驾临!
At her voice the quivering Earth她的话语和悦动听
Knows rebirth,世界应声缓缓苏醒
Stirs me to a sudden cry!我痛哭失声,无比动情!
Then she passes - passes by,她来了又走——匆匆而行
Leaving (so to me it seems)只留下(我眼中的)
Only darkness filled with dreams...一片黑暗,和无限的梦境……

译注:
①比阿特丽斯:意大利诗人但丁(1265-1321)的作品《神曲》中的人物(亦译为贝阿特丽切、贝雅特丽齐),被称为引福者;其原形是但丁终身仰慕的一位同名女子,她与但丁有缘无份,与别人婚后即英年早逝

返回页首

Undine水中女神
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
UNDINE, straight and gold and white...水中女神,亭亭玉立……
Shimmering tressed, braided bright...金色发辫,灿若晨曦……
Lips, not scarlet - Scarlet? No,双唇之间,毫无血色
Cool and pale as water's flow.好似湖水,冰冷白皙
Cool and pale against my heart楚楚可怜,触我心底
All thy body, and thou art你的身姿,你的形体
Like a lily on the lake就像一支,出水百合
Where no man his thirst shall slake.如此湖水,怎能解渴
And thy petals tightly curled你的花瓣,紧紧卷起
Hold the jewel of the world,小心留住,世界之珠
Looking in thy deep green eyes你的眼睛,深邃碧绿
Far I see it where it lies透过双眼,看那远处
Hidden by the water's play,你的灵魂,藏在水里
Grave sweet soul behind the gay.欢乐背后,深沉美丽
  
Now I know no jewel's there其实那里,没有明珠
So forever thou art fair...你的身姿,芳华永驻……
So forever,芳华永驻
Loving never,从不爱慕
Thou art fair, Undine,水中女神,你多美丽
So fair...多么美丽……
Unforgettably, so fair...多么美丽,永难忘记……

返回页首

Hawthorn Trees in Spring春天的山楂树
A Lament of Wamen一首女人的挽歌
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
HOW heavy are the hawthorn trees,山楂树上,沉重的负担
Weighed down with blossom,累累果实,把枝头压弯
Laden with heavy perfume,山楂的香气,四处弥漫
Like the bodies and souls of women如此山楂树,就像女人的翻版
Heavy with fruit of men's desire她们沉重的果实,是男人的心愿
Or with their own desire in Spring.还有她们自己的心愿,在每个春天
  
Up in the sky, divorced from earth,飞上天空,离开地面
The aeroplanes pass隆隆的飞机勇往直前
Roaring along on their gallant adventures;咆哮着继续它们无畏的冒险
They are the souls of men它们代表的是男人的灵魂
Set free from earth,他们只想远离人间
Set free from the load of blossom远离那累累的重担
And the cloying perfumes of Spring.春天的香气令他们厌烦
They fly and are free.他们只想飞走,逃到天边
  
Yet at the last they must return,可是他们总会倦而知返
Fall back to earth,落回凡俗的人间
Gliding down presently and skimming the ground他们翱翔着掠过地面
Or falling in vivid flame,依旧燃烧着激情的火焰
Yet still returning to earth.可是终究回到了人间
  
And there shall Earth于是,他与她在人间再次相见
Gather them once again in her inmost womb心与心的交流又一次上演
And in due course于是某天
The trees shall be laden again山楂树又被压弯
With leaves and blossom and fruit.花、叶、果实,统统变成沉重的负担
  
How heavy are the hawthorn trees...山楂树上,沉重的负担……
How heavy...how achingly sweet.多么沉重……令人心痛的香气依旧弥漫
Shall there never be peace?心底的宁静何时才会出现?
And cold clear air?还有那清澈的空气,凉爽恬淡?
With never a scent or a breath无需香气的弥漫
Of the growing clustering flowering earth?能否让任何一种花香,都烟消云散?
How heavy are the hawthorn trees in Spring,春天的山楂树上,多么沉重的负担
How painfully, achingly sweet...令人心痛的香气,还在弥漫……

返回页首

The Lament of the Tortured Lover悼备受煎熬的爱人
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
I HAVE said I adore you;我爱你,我已经表白
I have said it - I have said it.我已经表白——早已经表白
Said it against your throat我的话,哽住了你的喉咙
Where the pulses beat美丽的曲线之下
And under the curve of your breast...你的心怦然跳动……
  
Outside the moon rides high in the sky,屋外,月亮挂在高高的天上
A lemon moon,柠檬黄色的月亮
A moon the colour of honey就像蜂蜜,闪耀着光芒
Made by the bees from lime trees.仿佛是酸橙树上的蜜蜂,曾经为它奔忙
O pale lemon-coloured moon,哦,柠檬黄色的月亮
You were worshipped five thousand years ago,你在五千年前就有人景仰
The temples they built you are dust他们为你兴建的殿堂
Or buried under the earth,早已被千年的尘埃深深埋藏
But you are still the moon而你依旧骄傲地挂在那高高的天上
Riding high and proud in the sky...散发着迷人的月光……
  
I am sick of words我厌倦了言语
Of everlasting meaningless words.它们永远无法表达我的丝毫的感触
I love your - I love you - that parrot cry.我爱你——我爱你——这只是鹦鹉学舌的倾诉
Cannot flesh take flesh in silence?为什么感受不能在沉默中传递?
But no - you will not have it so.哦,不——你不会让我沉默
You were made for incense,你会点燃我的欲火
For burning words,让我的言语尽情喷薄
Words - words - words - going on through the night...言语——言语——言语——彻夜不眠,尽情喷薄……
While I worship the pulse in your throat在那一刻,我陶醉于你美丽的曲线
And the curve of your breast...和你那怦然跳动的脉搏……
In twenty years your face will be haggard,二十年后,你的脸庞将不再漂亮
Your eyes will be cold,你的眼睛将暗淡无光
Your sagging breasts will not stir my desire -你的曲线不会再激起我的欲望——
But the moon will be still the moon...可是月亮,依然还是月亮……
  
And I?而我?
What am I?我是何人?
I am a man who loves you我是一个男人,深爱着你
Desperately, blindly.绝望之中,苦苦追寻
I am a man in the street我是一个男人,走在路上
Seeing the moon...抬起头来,仰望月亮……
I am an old man in a club我是一个老人,在俱乐部里
Ringing the bell and saying 'Old brandy.'按铃要那“陈年的白兰地”
I am curled up in my mother's womb我也曾蜷曲在母亲的子宫里
Knowing nothing of all this extraordinary business对世上的一切毫不知悉
Called Life,什么是人生,我愿闻其详
Unhurt by the torture of beauty,美丽的煎熬,还不曾让我受伤
Unconscious as yet that beauty is...那时的我,尚不知美丽是何模样……
I am all these things and always have been过去和现在,我不曾改变
And ever shall be.而且永远,不会改变
  
O moon, ride high in the sky tonight,哦,月亮,你挂在高高的天上
Ride high,高不可攀
Ride high....只能仰望……

返回页首

What is Love?爱是什么?
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
LOVE is a white flame - And a smouldering smoky fire爱是白色火焰——冒着滚滚的浓烟
It is a green tree - And a grey cathedral spire爱是绿树——爱是教堂灰色的顶尖
Love is an ecstasy - pure - It stirs in mud and slime爱是一种纯粹的迷惑——能将一切搅得稀烂
It is youth and delight - It is cold and sublime爱是青春与欢乐——也是冷淡与庄严
There is none shall say没有人能说清
What Love is - or is not,爱是什么——又不是什么
And which of us shall say:无论我们说什么:
'Dwell!' or 'Depart!'“来吧!”或者“走吧!”
Love will not stay爱不会按照我们的意愿
And will not leave the heart召之即来
At our desire of plea.挥之即去
But oh! for me哦!可是我
This would I pray我在心中祈愿
That Love might be a tree我愿爱是一棵大树
Rooted in time - for all eternity.扎根于时间——直到永远

返回页首

To M.E.L.M.① in Absence致缺席的马克斯
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
NOW in the winter past, but for my part冬天已经过去,可是对我来说
Still winter stays until we meet again.冬天将会延续,直到我们重聚
Dear love, I have your promise and your heart我的爱人,我已拥有你的誓言与真心
But lacking touch and sight, spring buds bring pain.可看不见也摸不着,春天的嫩芽只会让我伤心
Friendship is ours, and still in absence grows.情谊属于我们,它不断增长——就算远隔千里
No dearer friend I own, so close, so kind.我没有一个朋友比你更加亲密
Knowledge is yours, from you to me it flows学识属于你,你会让它流淌到我的心里
And I have loved your wise and gentle mind.我爱你的睿智,你的和气
Beauty we share, a white magnolia tree美丽属于你我,就像一株白色的玉兰
Rooted in England brings you to my side扎根在英格兰,把你带到我的身边
And Roman columns rising from the sea罗马人的立柱在海上浮现
Must surely bring remembrance with the tide.潮涨潮落间,带来我们的回忆
So in my winter, love, I dream of spring所以,我的爱人,我会在我的冬季期盼春天
Enclosed within the circle of your ring...附上一个圆圈,代表你的指环……

译注:
①M.E.L.M.:即阿婆的丈夫马克斯,Max Edgar Lucien Mallowan

返回页首

Remembrance记在心里
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
IF I should leave you in the days to come -如果有一天我离你而去——
God grant that may not be -上帝保佑,别让此事发生——
But yet if so,可是如果发生,
Your love for me must fade I know.我知道你的爱一定会消退
You will remember - and you will forget.你会记得——然后你会忘记
But oh! Imperishable - strong哦!可是,我对你的爱,永恒不朽
My love for you shall burn and glow它炽热如火,闪闪发光
Deep in your heart - your whole life long,深深埋藏在你的心里——伴你一生一世
Unknown, unseen, but living still in bliss你看不到,也感觉不到,可它会给你庇佑
So you shall bear me with you all the days.你得习惯,因为我会永远与你相伴
Forget then what you will.如果你会忘记,那就顺其自然
I died - but not my love for you,我离开人世——可我的爱不会离开
That lives for aye - though dumb,尽管无声无息,但它会永世长存
Remember this请你将此记在心里
If I should leave you in the days to come.如果有一天我离你而去

返回页首

A Choice选择
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
I AM tired of the past that clings around my feet,我厌倦过往,它总给我的脚步带来牵绊
I am tired of the past that will not let life be sweet,我厌倦过往,它总给我甜蜜的生活制造烦乱
I would cut it away with a knife and say我想与它一刀两断
Let me be myself - reborn - to-day.我想重获新生——找到自己的今天
  
But I am afraid of the past - that it will creep back to my feet可是我害怕过往——它会爬回我的脚边
And look in my face and say, 'You laugh and eat与我对视,侃侃而谈:
But I am here with your yet...“你想笑就笑,想吃就吃,可我要在此与你相伴……
You would not remember - but I will not let you forget...'你不想记住——可我不会让记忆消散……”
What is or is not courage? Who shall say?这是鼓励还是打击,有谁能够判断?
Shall I be brave or base if I cut the past away?如果我与过往一刀两断,这是低劣还是勇敢?
  
Sometimes I have dreamed that you have stood and said:有时在我的想象中,你会站着感叹:
'I too have sometimes longed to be freed from the dead“逃脱沉重的回忆,这也是我的期盼
Burden of our remembrance, free from your sorrow,'我也希望,与你逃离伤感。”
Let there be no yesterday and no to-morrow,别去管昨天与明天
Let there be for us only to-day,把握住我们的今天
Ride it - ride it through Time and away.牢牢驾驭——驾驭此时此刻,勇往直前

返回页首

My Flower Garden我的花园
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
THERE is no knowing无人知晓
What time shall bring,时间会带来什么
What then is growing当春天来到
This day of Spring?会长出什么花草
  
Love that is lonely,爱很孤寂,
Love far away,爱很遥远,
Ah! could I only啊!我何日才能
See you for a day.见你一面
  
Love-that-lies-bleeding流血之爱①
And love-in-the-mist,雾中之爱②
Tulips that need you还有郁金香,它们都需要你
Still staying unkist.却和我一样,不能如愿
  
You are my heart, love,你是我的爱人
And you are my life,你是我的全部
We are apart, love,我们相隔两地,心心相印
And I am your wife.我是你的妻子
  
God then have pity上帝也会叹息
And bring you to me他会让你远渡重洋
Here in the city把你带回这个城市
From over the sea.带回我的面前
  
When you come home, love,爱人,当你归来之时?
What words will there be?会对我说什么花语?
You will say 'Sunflower'请对我说“向日葵”③
And say it to me.只此一句,就已足够

译注:
①流血之爱:love-lies-bleeding,即尾穗苋,花语为“勤劳”
②雾中之爱:love-in-the-mist,即黑种草,花语为“困惑”、“清新的爱”
③向日葵:sunflower,花语为“爱慕”、“光辉”、“忠诚”、“沉默的爱”等等,在此处基本的意思可能是:远行的人就像向日葵,而太阳就是他的爱人

返回页首

Enchantment意乱情迷
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
I LOST my love, she left me.我的爱人,她抛弃了我
My fair love,我美丽的爱人
My false love,我无情的爱人
My fair false love.我美丽无情的爱人
  
I wandered to the Fairy Hills,我徘徊在仙女的小山
I cried to them to mend my ills,请求她们医治我的伤患
I called to my lost love,我呼唤着我失去的爱人
My fair love, my false love.我美丽的爱人,我无情的爱人
I saw a Fairy Lady there我看见一位仙子
With long white hands and drowning hair...洁白如玉的修长手臂,掩没口鼻的披肩长发……
And oh! - her face was wild and sweet,哦!——她的容颜狂野可爱
Was sweet and wild,狂野可爱
Was wild and strange and fair...狂野、陌生、美丽动人……
  
Her eyes looked past me,她将目光投到我的身上
Through me and beyond me,仔仔细细将我打量
Seeking for a vanished Fairy Lover.她在寻找她的神仙眷侣,他不知去向
I walked by her side there,我从她身边走过
Down a Fairy Ride there,她的身下是精灵的座驾
Seeking for a vanished Fairy Lover.她在寻找她的神仙眷侣,他不知去向
I cried to the Hills there我向仙女的小山大声呼喊
That they should mend my ills there,请求她们医治我的伤患
I called to my lost love,我呼唤着我失去的爱人
My fair love, my false fair love.我美丽的爱人,我美丽无情的爱人
  
But the Fairy Lady by my side可我身边的仙子
She neither spoke nor moaned nor cried默然无言,一语不发
But pushed aside her drowning hair她拨开她披散的长发
And oh! her face was wild and sweet哦!她的容颜狂野可爱
And sweet and wild and fair...狂野、可爱、美丽动人……
  
And now I am at home again我的家是我现在的归宿
And many seek to ease my pain我在这里平抑我的痛苦
They say in time I shall forget她们说,总有一天我会遗忘
My fair love,我美丽的爱人
My false love,我无情的爱人
My fair false love...我美丽无情的爱人……
  
And no one knows to look at me没有人注意到我的表情
That all the time I only see我的眼中只有
Two long white hands and drowning hair洁白如玉的修长手臂,和掩没口鼻的披肩长发
And oh! a face so wild and strange and fair...哦!她的容颜狂野、陌生、美丽动人……

返回页首

Jenny by the Sky天边的珍妮
(诗歌的韵味和意境较难译出,故贴出
原文谨供参考指正,请勿非法使用)
 
Come down to me, Jenny, come down from the hill,下来吧,珍妮,从那高高的山巅
Come down to me here where I wait,下来吧,我在这里等待你的出现
Come down to my arms, to my lips, my desire,下来吧,接受我的拥抱与亲吻,满足我的心愿
Come down all my hunger to sate.下来吧,我那欲望的沟壑需要你来充填
  
But Jenny walks lonely, her head in the air,可珍妮依然昂首,孤独地走在山间
She walks on the hilltop, the wind in her hair,在那山巅,风儿吹拂着她的发辫
She will not come down to me, loud though I cry,她不会下来,任凭我如何呼唤
She walks with the wind, upturned face to the sky...她与风结伴,抬头仰望蓝天……
  
In the cool of the evening I walked in the glade,清风送晚时,我走进林间
And there I met God ... and I was not afraid.我在那里见到上帝……我毫无惶恐
Together we walked in the depths of the wood我们结伴,在林间越走越远
And together we looked at the things we had made,还在一起,审视我们创造的景观
Together we looked - and we saw they were good ...目光所至,只见一切秩序井然……
  
God made the World and the stars set on high,上帝营造了世界,天地万物,繁星高悬
The Galaxies rushing, none knows where or why.无人知晓间,星移斗转,瞬息万变
God fashioned the Cosmos, the Universe wide,上帝开辟了宇宙,没有尽头,浩瀚无边
And the hills and the valleys, the birds in the wood,河流山川,丛林飞雁
God made them and loved them, and saw they were good ...上帝创造了它们,钟爱着它们,看着它们秩序井然……
  
And I - have made Jenny! To walk on the hill.而我也创造了珍妮!让她走向高高的山巅
She will not come down to me loud though I cry;她不会下来,任凭我如何呼喊
She walks there for ever, her face to the sky,她会永远走在山间,抬起面庞仰望蓝天
She will not come down though I call her,她不会下来,无论我怎样召唤
She will not come down to my greed,她不会下来,来满足我的贪念
She is as I dreamed her ... and made her她正如我的梦想,活灵活现……
Of my loving and longing and need ...我创造了她,用我的渴望、需要与爱怜……
  
With my mind and my heart I made Jenny,珍妮来自于我的心灵与信念
I made her of love and desire,代表了我的爱与夙愿
I made her to walk on the hilltop我让她走上高高的山巅
In loneliness, beauty and fire ...赋予她孤独,美丽和激情的烈焰……
In the cool of the evening I walked in the wood清风送晚时,我走进林间
And God walked beside me...上帝就在我的身边……
We both understood.我们已经理解了彼此的体验

参见1965年出版的《伯利恒之星》之《天边的珍妮》

返回页首